Saturday, April 12, 2008

Book: How to Talk to Customers


One of the managers in my department got a couple of copies of this book from the company they authors belong to (Diane Berenbaum and Tom Larkin of Communico). I flipped through it several months ago, but thought there was nothing (or at least not much) new and put it back down. Then a couple of months ago I decided to go through it. I am glad I did.

MAGIC® is their system of training and the book expands on it, using "Magic Moments" and "Tragic Moments" as examples of good or bad service.

I think the book covers the bases very well and is reader-friendly. The chapters are concise and to the point.

For this book to be effective, there has to be buy-in to the MAGIC® system, whether the reader is an individual trying to improve or a manager trying to improve service by their organization. Those willing to do that will find in this book everything that they need.

No comments: